It is important to make many decisions when you move check my reference. There are many decisions to make when moving to a new location. If you’re looking for a self storage facility or a mini-storage unit to house items that are too large to fit in your new residence, one of the choices will be to choose based on what company offers these services. It’s important to understand what features to consider when selecting a self-storage facility. Consider these factors when deciding on self-storage.
* Place. The real estate joke that “location, location, and location” are the three most important factors when selecting a property is often true for storage units. It’s important to choose a location that is convenient to you and close to the new home. It is also important to consider how safe the area is.
* The size of your unit. You will need an adequate storage facility that allows you enough space to store all your extra items. It should also allow for some growth in the event you decide to purchase more after moving (which is a very common situation). This is because you do not want to be forced to cancel your contract or pay extra fees to rent a new unit if you didn’t plan ahead. These units can usually hold one or two small pieces of furniture, such as a few boxes. The biggest units, usually 10′ x 40′ are big enough to fit the entire contents of a 4 bedroom house.
* The climate control is becoming more common. This means that the units are usually located in a large building. These units offer the primary advantage of preserving delicate goods from heat and humidity better than other storage facilities. The units are typically sold for a high price.
* 24 hour direct access : While this is nice, it shouldn’t really be your main criteria unless your plan includes accessing your unit at night or during holidays. If you are planning to store your belongings for an extended period and won’t be accessing them very often, this is a feature you may not require.
* Monitored Security Cameras This is an additional safety feature that’s especially useful if the things you store are valuable. (As a rule, it’s not recommended to keep valuables inside a storage facility). It is important to note that if the cameras are not being monitored they will be of little use.
* A security guard on site is a bonus. This would be similar to having monitored security cameras on the premises. This will hopefully not be necessary if you select the correct facility.
Sprinkler System A fire spreading through storage units would be a disaster you’d want to avoid. You’ll need to cover your items in case the sprinkler system goes off. Property is often damaged by water damage as much or even more than it would be by fire. This insurance is available. It’s a great idea to have enough coverage on all of your items, which includes those stored in the storage unit. Having insurance provided by your storage facility can be very helpful. Insurance isn’t all the same. Make sure to understand your coverage, whether you are covered for replacement or other amounts, as well as whether you can use your homeowner’s insurance to cover your items in storage.
Methods of Payment. If you are planning to keep your unit for a long time, it’s important to know what payment options will be accepted. Prices Although this is an obvious factor, I have left it at the end of the list because there was a reason for doing so. Your best-value storage may not always be the lowest price. The quality of the storage unit you choose can make you sleepless at night. You now know the main factors you need to take into consideration when selecting a storage facility. You’re moving is exciting!